[Sugar-devel] Moving to github

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed Apr 24 13:33:54 EDT 2013

2013/4/24 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I suggest that we move to github permanently.

After this testing period, I conclude that I like the workflow in
github more than the previous.  The web interface is better in my
opinion.  Might be because it is subject to more user feedback.
Looking at their blog you can see it is in active development.

> * The workflow is better than both mailing list and trac. Anyone interested
> can subscribe and see all the patches being posted. And patches are not lost
> because we have a list of outstanding ones. These are the major features
> that was not covered by the other tools.
> A better tool won't solve the core of our reviews problems (we need more
> people to get involved) but I think it's an improvement anyway.
> * github is the cool place to be these days :)

Yeah, not just to be "cool", but because the ecosystem there is nice,
thinking in getting more contributors.  Is good to be in the same
place as other projects, specially while heading for webapps.

--
.. manuq ..