[Sugar-devel] Moving to github

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:03:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

I suggest that we move to github permanently.

* The workflow is better than both mailing list and trac. Anyone interested
can subscribe and see all the patches being posted. And patches are not
lost because we have a list of outstanding ones. These are the major
features that was not covered by the other tools.
A better tool won't solve the core of our reviews problems (we need more
people to get involved) but I think it's an improvement anyway.
* github is the cool place to be these days :)
* People are getting used to the pull request workflow, so we would lower
the barrier.
* Someone else is maintaining the service. We are having too many downtimes
imo for something critical like code repositories.

This is about the core modules. I'm not sure about activities.

--
Daniel Narvaez