[Sugar-devel] Usage of Signed-off-by / Acked-by - Re: Recent movement on Sugar master repository

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Apr 4 08:23:31 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you can explain exactly what Signed-off-by adds compared to the
> author field in tnormal cases? I know it's not much work, but it adds one
> more thing we need to request to patch submitters. I tend to think the
> simpler is the process the more patches we will get :) Or at least I
> personally get really annoyed by bureaucracy when submitting code.

Usually is redundant, but there are cases where can add value, like when
there are more than one author
or when the author sent a .diff instead of a .patch.

> About Reviewed-by, if you have say a 10 patches set, is one-by-one
> interactive rebase the only way to add the tag to all the patches? I'm not
> too attached to the one click pull request merging from the web UI...
> pulling and pushing on the command line is not too complicated. Though if
> you have to modify patches one by one it starts to get annoying...

True. Modify every patch can be a pain, specially if we change the way we
are working and move to use github web tools.
I am not sure what is the best to do here. Web interface makes a little
more difficult to see this header info.
(Personally, I feel better in the command line yet)

Gonzalo