[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-09-18

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 24 01:40:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 02:08:03AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I agree with you when you say, to teach programming, add the need to
> learn a foreign language to the fact of learning the programming
> language, does not have too much sense.

I couldn't read what Flavio said, but I agree that having to learn a
foreign language before learning programming does increase the cost of
learning considerably, to the point that the learning may not occur.

This is one of the reasons why some learning areas are difficult.  But
knowledge of the implementation language can assist greatly.

Know Latin, can learn medicine terminology more quickly.

Know Italian, can learn opera or music terminology more quickly.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/