[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-09-18

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 01:17:25 EDT 2012

Hola Flavio, I think you gave many excellent  reasons for using Spanish, which is what i was saying. So I agree. I was recalling something about the OLPC project in Haiti.  They have 2 'officlal' languages: Kreyol and French. 99% of the country learns Kreyol but the upper class/government know French. So the kids learn French for some reason in their early years along with Kreyol and I was confused by this. Why learn something that they will use very little and confuse learning while trying to learn it in a little used language, French. That may not be 100% correct, so any correction welcome. So I understand the idea of having kids try to learn Python and English at the same time as being difficult and not always useful.-K