[Sugar-devel] Issues i have found in os2

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:27:55 EDT 2012

On 14 Sep 2012, at 17:45, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> First, congrats by the port, is a huge mass of work.
>
> I know is early, but I report here a few issues I have found, just if is useful to you:
>
> * Palettes in speak and speech don't show.
> * Palette in central kid icon in the home does not show at times.

It (and others) work the first time, but not subsequently, UNLESS you raise a different palette, or close the palette by moving the mouse cursor into and then out of the open palette (so looks like it's not releasing/closing a palette correctly when interacting with touch).

> * In the control panel,  Power, Keyboard, Network and Software Update panel does not work.

Yep, for now I'm using sudo touch /var/run/powerd-inhibit-suspend/1 to make sure my remote ssh sessions into my test XO-1.75 don't get dropped every 15 seconds.

> * In the control panel,  Language,Switch Desktop panel reset sugar!

Aaaahhh! So that's why Sugar sugar crashed and restarted one me, I though I was just hogging too much memory with my yum install. :)

--Gary