[Sugar-devel] Write bundled with Sugar 0.97.8 fails to start and tells "Could not find any typelib for abi"

Coltivare Fiori coltivarefiori at connettivo.net
Sat Oct 20 17:05:50 EDT 2012

Hello to everybody!

Attempting to understand spellchecking in the Write Activity, I've been
compiling Sugar 0.97.8 on a standard Fedora 17 installation (after some
issues with the proposed updates and reverting to a clean install).

After launching Sugar with "make run", I cannot start the Write activity
and I get in the Write log an error

	"Could not find any typelib for abi"

I have been installing, besides pyabiwor, pyabiword-devel
(0.8.0-8.fc17.i686) but to no avail.

What am I missing? Shall I recompile Sugar?

TIA

Ernesto