[Sugar-devel] Dr.Geo on XO 1

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Sun May 20 05:00:39 EDT 2012

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> writes:

> Nope, that was not it. I compiled with -mtune=geode, makes no
> difference.

Make sure to set -march=<architecture> to something appropriate. -march
tells gcc what instructions it can use (so anything that doesn't support
these instructions will fail to run the resulting executable), whereas
-mtune only tells it to optimise for a certain processor type (but the
executable will continue to run on other processors as long as they
support the instruction set specified by -march).

> In gdb I see it's segfaulting inside the GC logic. It's really
> puzzling this only happens on the XO-1 ...

You could try booting an XO-1.5 with mem=256M (append that to boot-file
in /bootpart/boot/olpc.fth) to simulate the memory pressure of an XO-1.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/