[Sugar-devel] Localisation of Socialcalc activity in different languages

David Mason damason at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 21:05:02 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

After you have translations in your po file, you can use msgmerge to compile them into .mo files. After this you'll need to configure gettext to use translations for the appropriate locale. Is this the type of information you're looking for?

As for .po format, a detailed reference can be found at http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#PO-Files

You could also consider having your project added to Zanata (see www.zanata.org), which will allow you to enter translations in the web interface and will generate po files for you automatically.

Cheers,

David Mason