[Sugar-devel] Localisation of Socialcalc activity in different languages

Anurag Chowdhury anurag at seeta.in
Wed Jan 25 11:57:53 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am working on the localisation of the socialcalc activity on sugar in
different languages for which I am in need of some pointers as follows:

1) After making the translations of the string in msgid to the required
language (starting with bengali) as portrayed below

            #:
/home/olpc/Activities/SocialCalcActivity.activity/localized_strings_file.py:

            msgid "Recalculation"       #------- in english

            msgstr  "Nuevo cálculo"    #-------in desired language(spanish
here)

     above is a snippet from the "es.po" file used in spanish localisation
of socialcalc activity.

 What should be the next step following the creation of bn.po file (for
bengali) also I would need a detailed pointer on creation of .po files.

Regards
Anurag Chowdhury
Research Engineer
SEETA