[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Odp: Sugar versions - Activities

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Jan 15 19:28:39 EST 2012

On 01/15/2012 02:03 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:

> > I am not sure if it is OK for me to edit your google spreadsheet:
> >
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntaXnq4oy2_dHpvZHhLeGRQYzc1cDlRZU9Mc1NldGc#gid=0
>
> > I find that a lot of the activities listed do run well on 0.94.1 and
> 0.92.
> > Is it Ok for me to change the entries for the correct working range?
>

> In the spreadheet there are the version that the SugarLabs page says
> that the activity runs...
>
> I don't know who have permissions to change the versions in the SL
> page... The "long way" is try
> to contact the developer, and say to him: "your activity works on
> 0.94. Please upload a new version
> with compatibility between xx and 0.94".
I had such a permission from alsroot - but have not used it for over a
year. (ASLO edits) let me see If I can still get in....

> The columns "enters" and "notes" is to check if the activities run on
> 0.94.
>
> All my test are in a XO 1.0 with os883 (Sugar 0.94.1).

  Mine were done with:
  Dextrose2 os508dx (Sugar 0.88.1) on my G1G1-XO-1*
  os874 (sugar 0.92.2) on a XO-1.5 loaned from OLPC**
    Build 874 Sugar 0.92.2 firmware Q3b13
* this is the latest version listed on the Wiki Projects page : Dextrose
** This must have been a test version as
http://download.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/testing/dxo2/xo1.5/intl/os508dx.zd
is the current one. I am downloading this now and will test it.

> The Soas Pineapple is exactly the os883?

No there are similarities but it is sweets-distribution by alsroot. for
Trisquel 5-sugar (TOAST) with some elements of Dextrose2

> Exist a difference between check on XO 1.0 and in other pc with Soas?

I would expect so