[Sugar-devel] de-hippo'd CanvasIcon: windowed or not?

Marco Pesenti Gritti marco at marcopg.org
Sun Sep 18 16:59:56 EDT 2011

Trying to answer your initial email more clearly...

2011/9/15 Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>:
> The transparency option seems rather simple, but is perhaps nasty in
> that it basically decides to mess around with core window stuff when
> GTK+ has its back turned.

Without having tested, I don't think it's nasty in GTK3, it seems like
a legitimate, supported use case.

> Also, when icons are overlapping, it seems
> like the on-top window would receive the mouse event, even if the
> mouse is physically closer to the centre of an icon that is sitting on
> a lower layer.

Wouldn't solving this issue generally require to test if the mouse
event is contained in the widget shape? Anyway I'm not sure this is
something we need to solve now, I can't think of cases in our UI where
it's important and it would not be a regression compared to hippo.

Just my $0.01.

Marco