[Sugar-devel] Localization of the "XO Help" activity: pot files generated successfully

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:42:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:58 PM, samy boutayeb <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
> I intented to prepare the html files from the "XO Help" activity ( XO
> Help 13), found in
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/fr/sugar/addon/4051 ).
>
> So far, I can confirm Chris Leonard's report (in
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2011-October/033654.html ) concluding that the html2po utility from the translate-toolkit fails to convert the html files properly.

I will file a bug upstream against html2po in the Translate Toolkit
tracker.  I'm glad that other tools are producing more useful results.

It seems well worth the effort to "dry run" through the i18n / L10n
workflow using the old Help Activity as an example in order to pave
the way forward to wider L10n of a refreshed Help Activity.  We all
share that goal and the exploration of alternatives and the thoughtful
discussion of their respective merits continues to be illuminating.

cjl