[Sugar-devel] Localization of the "XO Help" activity: pot files generated successfully

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Thu Oct 6 12:58:06 EDT 2011

I intented to prepare the html files from the "XO Help" activity ( XO
Help 13), found in
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/fr/sugar/addon/4051 ).

So far, I can confirm Chris Leonard's report (in
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2011-October/033654.html ) concluding that the html2po utility from the translate-toolkit fails to convert the html files properly.

However, using the Okapi Localization Toolbox
"Rainbow" ( http://www.opentag.com/okapi/wiki/index.php?title=Rainbow ),
I managed to create the pot files corresponding to the "XO Help"
activity and suitable for a translation with any po editor.

The only post-processing step should be to segment the localization
files at the sentence level (which, for some reason, I didnt manage to
achieve using the "Ratel" editor for segmentation rules) with the
"posegment" tool

Rgds
samy