[Sugar-devel] Customized Sugar

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 23 00:54:31 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 07:05:38AM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> [...]
>
> In this model, when a user launches an activity from the Home View,
> he/she is starting a new task. When a user selects an entry in the
> Journal, he/she is resuming work on a previous task.

Current versions of Sugar used by OLPC OS resume a journal entry from
the Home View if one exists, unless the Alt key is pressed.

> [...]
> On the laptop, it would be easy to set up a quota for the datastore
> in which the demon could remove documents from the local store on an
> LRU basis when the datastore exceeds the quota. This would avoid
> having the student get involved in managing the Nand.

Or microSD or eMMC ... that's why I've tried to use the term "internal
storage" instead.  The implementation of the storage is unimportant.

Good write-up.  Some of the complexity you might also explain with data
flow diagrams.

I like it though.  It makes sense.

--
James Cameron