[Sugar-devel] Customized Sugar

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 23 04:56:31 EST 2011

> On the laptop, it would be easy to set up a quota for the datastore in
> which the demon could remove documents from the local store on an LRU  basis
> when the datastore exceeds the quota. This would avoid having the  student
> get involved in managing the Nand.

I'd be really annoyed if some chunk of software that I didn't even know about
deleted a file that I wanted.

Some concepts associated with using a computer are important.  I think it
would be a mistake to try to hide them.

What's a non-computer analogy to running out of disk or memory?  I see two
issues: 1) disk space is limited, and 2) it is shared by various activities.
(If you save a lot of pictures or download a lot of music, you may run out of
room for your school work.)