[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [Sur] La bestia que renace una y otra vez

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Wed May 25 10:01:36 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Walter Bender's message of Wed May 25 14:36:59 +0200 2011:

> I will respond to this but would like to discuss it with the two of you
> first.

(Assuming you mean the discussion to be open to everyone, but would like
to invite Simon and me in particular as you CC'ed sugar-devel)

I find it rather hard to reply to the forwarded mail - and not just
because of language issues. It conflates a lot of different concepts and
issues (e.g. Journal meta-data vs. Rainbow). I also got the impression
that the various different organisations related to Sugar and the OS
used in Uruguay - including the government - are all put into the same
"they" pot.

Trying to distil the actual complaints:

1. Journal meta-data is complicated
2. Journal (meta-data?) is not transparent to the user
3. Reading a USB stick with many files on it is slow
4. Finding old Journal entries is hard
5. Incompatible with the Linux file system (whatever that means)
6. Regression when attaching files to emails / Adineta(?) / GMail

For a useful response, I'd need a lot more detail about each individual
issue - including the software versions (base distro, Sugar, ...). Some
of it might have already been solved (e.g. the sort by creation time
feature might be enough for #4).

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/