[Sugar-devel] Activities not compatible with Sugar-0.90

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Jan 19 09:58:18 EST 2011

The wiki approach has been tried with
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities (which probably needs a bit of a
legal/deadlink/does not work with newer OSes/etc. cleanup) but ended up
a bit of a mess.  I'm not certain if permissions would help much.

To split this page up properly in a wiki would require using the wiki as
its own database with categories, supported Sugar versions, etc., some
of which you might want to eventually change with bulk modifications.
And while my wiki skills are not the best, the self-referencing wiki
storage of OLPC test cases left me confused about how I could modify
them without breaking anything going back.

IMHO you basically would have to re-invent activity.sugarlabs.org to put
it in a wiki, and I'm not certain if that is necessary at this time.