[Sugar-devel] Activities not compatible with Sugar-0.90

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 19 15:14:10 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 12:52 +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:

> We already have that, in a different format, which works fine:
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/services/update-aslo.php?id=ACTIVITY&appVersion=0.90
>
> And it sounds like this (plus pestering of activity authors and/or use
> of admin power to correct compatibility info) is the best thing we
> have right now, even though both you and Aleksey don't fully see it as
> within the role of activities.sugarlabs.org (which I can understand
> too, but am left without somewhere else to turn).

I don't think we're going to phase out the RDF updater anytime soon,
since all versions of Sugar shipped with Linux distros depend on it,
including SoaS and USR.

*However*, it would be nice if we could provide equivalent functionality
with the microformat updater as well, so that the same olpc-os-builder
module would work with both aslo and the wiki.