[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Tue Feb 15 04:05:00 EST 2011

Excerpts from Gary Martin's message of Tue Feb 15 03:57:22 +0100 2011:

[School server icon in Neighbourhood]
> +1 I've wanted to see this for a long time as well, [...]

Care to do a series of mock-ups?
Some random points that we'd need to think about are:

* when should we show the icon?
** when we're registered and currently connected
** when we're registered, but not connected
*** show all school servers we were ever registered on?
** when we're connected (Jabber), but not registered (Moodle)
** when we're neither registered nor connected
*** how do we find the school server? Just rely on the collaboration
    server setting in the Control Panel and show only a single icon?
*** if we don't, where do we put the Register menu item?
* do we care about users that want to register on more than one school
  server?

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/