[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:54:50 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Couldn't we use the presence service (or its equivalent)? I've always
>> wanted to see a schoolserver icon in the mesh view... from which the
>> user could (re-)register, initiate a backup/restore, open a browser on
>> the schoolserver homepage, etc.
>
> +1 I've wanted to see this for a long time as well, and the stroke & fill for the school server should be based on its identity,

Yes! Let's work together on a bit of UI design for that. For the
internals, I'm happy to work with whomever does the Sugar side, making
sure it makes sense with all the different technical scenarios.

One of the thoughts I have on this specific topic is that we want to
associate the XS icon to the AP, and/or have a badge on any AP that
can reach an XS.

Fork off a discussion for this?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions