[Sugar-devel] Requesting mentor ship for Project related to Sugar

ganesh gajre ganeshgajre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:00:07 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM, ganesh gajre
>
>> Sugar Localization project is one interest of mine. I am contributing to
>> Sugar platform translation in Marathi.
>>
>> I would like to be a part of it. Also, there are some of students who want
>> to support for localization as a Voluntary work.
>>
>> Can we discuss about this. Can we set a modules for them and tell them to
>> submit their tranlations to sugarlabs.
>>

> Ganesh,

Thanks Chris

> I would be happy to offer advice on contributing to Sugar localization.  If
> high-speed on-line access is readily available, having others register on
> our Pootle server is probably simplest (as you are already registered).
>
> The Localization list is available for use by anyone (in any language) that
> is working on our hosted L10n projects and needs a means of coordinating
> their efforts.

Definitely I will put the discussion related to localization on L10n list.
So  will get the comments from Indian language
admins too.

> If internet access is not fast or readily available, we can discuss
> off-line techniques on the L10n list further and get the advantage of the
> experiences of others.

There may be issue with low bandwidth for some of the student. So would like
to discuss for Offline mode too.. From which we can also encourage local
people to contribute translation when they have pass time. And it can be
uploaded to Pootle server later.

> There are already a number of language admins for Marathi, and they can
> best be reached by posting on the L10n list, it would be good to coordinate
> efforts with them.

Yes, sure I will coordinate with them.

--
Ganesh (Dragger)