[Sugar-devel] [Testing] Submitting test requests - some provisional instructions

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Sep 29 18:53:53 EDT 2010

I have created a page in the OLPC wiki for submitting test
requests[1]. The reason I used wiki.laptop.org rather than wiki.sl.o
was because that's where the NZ teams' presences are currently. A wiki
page serves as a good place so that people don't need to sign into
several services, etc. This process is subject to something else being
adopted that works better for everyone. Please provide feedback on
other suggestions.*

If you would like something tested and reported on, please submit it
to [1]. If you're short of time or whatever, feel free to send it to
sugar-devel and I'll port the request over.

I've created a small format for receiving test requests. Please
include the following information:

 * Test description
     Either provide a test case and expected behaviour, a ticket (that
includes replication instructions) that you think you've fixed, or
just say [General].
 * Required equipment
     Indicate whether Internet connectivity is required, SoaS, XO-1,
XO-1.5, virtual machine image, etc.
 * Download location
     Where we get the file to test. Direct links are best.

Tim

* I have discounted a few others, such a Google Forms. I would like to
stick to free software.

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand/Test_Requests