[Sugar-devel] Mesh networking not working in my XO's

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:49:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Harpreet Sareen
<author.blogger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried the instructions from the link -
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Ad_hoc_Networking
> The XO 1.5 was connected itself to Mesh Network 1 and on hovering on the
> Network Icon, te message pops saying "Connected to simple mesh IP Address:
> 169.254.6.47"

That strategy won't work. Try this

 - In the XO-1, you wil need a newer build -- download and install
10.1.2 (see http://wiki.laptop.org/ )

 - For consistency, install 10.1.2 on the XO-1.5 (note: it's a
different image do download!)

 - With both laptops running 10.1.2...

 - Start with the XO-1.5, use the "create a new network" option from the frame.

 - On the XO-1, in the neighbourhood view, you should see a new
network with the name of the other XO. Select it...

 - Now you're both in a shared ad-hoc network.