[Sugar-devel] Mesh networking not working in my XO's

Harpreet Sareen author.blogger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:10:25 EDT 2010

Hi,
I tried the instructions from the link -
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Ad_hoc_Networking
The XO 1.5 was connected itself to Mesh Network 1 and on hovering on the
Network Icon, te message pops saying "Connected to simple mesh IP Address:
169.254.6.47"

The XO 1 laptop shows a yellow dot hovering over which shows the name
"olpc-mesh" and hovering over the network icon shows
"olpc-mesh connected".
Create a new wireless network
Channel 1:
IP Address: 169.254.10.32

But when I start a new Record activity on XO 1.5 and share it with my
neighbourhood, it doesn't show up in the neighbourhood of XO 1. Am I doing
something wrong?

Regads
Harpreet