[Sugar-devel] Sugar and activities flag day

Marco Pesenti Gritti marco at marcopg.org
Mon Sep 13 12:09:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 10 September 2010 13:41, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Just wanted to summarize an enlightening conversation that just
>> happened in #sugar:
>
> No responses..surprising!
> Let me try a bit harder then.
>
> My thoughts/suggestions:
>
> 1. Rename sugar-0.92 to Sugar-1.0
>
> 2. Switch to pygi and GTK+ 3 for sugar-1.0
>
> 3. Allow significant sugar API changes up until the sugar-1.0 API
> freeze date, which I think would land mid-January 2011. These would be
> subject to the usual review processes to ensure quality.

The time might be a bit short to do both porting and API changes. An
alternative would be to have a longer unstable cycle (probably in
parallel to a stable 0.92). I have the feeling that porting stable
changes to unstable for a long time might be too much work for us
though. So perhaps we really have to break API two times (1.0 and
2.0)...

Marco