[Sugar-devel] internationalization: homonym handling in genpot?

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Fri Sep 10 22:43:52 EDT 2010

> If it doesn't work, I guess you could also directly use the low-level
> encoding of context:
>
>    label1 = _("device_icon_menu\x04Remove")

 label1 = _("device_icon_menu\x04Remove")
 label2 = _("file_menu\x04Remove")

Not surprisingly, this creates unique entries in the .pot file since they
are two different strings, and then both can be translated.

However, if the translation is not available, you get one messed up looking
string.  Is there supposed to be a way to suppress the first half of that
string when it is displayed with gettext?