[Sugar-devel] Feedback about ticket #10122

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 10 13:02:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On 09/10/2010 09:54 AM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > Hi Ben:
> > I am trying to resolve the ticket http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10122
> > Can you review it? Could you test it in XO-1.5?
>
> I've been following the discussion, but I haven't looked at the patch yet.
>  I've had a rather busy week.
>
> I can't easily test changes because my XO-1.5 is broken, but maybe I can
> fix it this weekend.

Ok. Tell me if I can send you more information.

> > There are changes I did based in my tests, but I need to know if you
> agree.
>
> I'm concerned about any making Distance change the volume settings.  This
> might make sense for the microphone amplification setting, but I would
> prefer to leave the speaker volume under the user's control.  The
> appropriate volume to use for Distance depends on how long a distance one
> is trying to measure, the level of background noise, whether other people
> might be disturbed, etc.
>
> I was thinking we can show a semaphore or any image with the quality of the
measure, in base of the difference with the previous measurements.
For example if the difference with the last is until 5% different its green
, until 30% yellow, more is red.
Also we can put a text suggesting turn up the volume for better results.

> The changes in delay constant could make sense.  I'll need to look at the
> changes and see if we can find an explanation for the changes.
>
> Other problem I am having is (in Sugar 0.84) if I restart a previously
shared activity, the activity starts shared, but not appears in the
neighborhood view from the other machines.
I need to start a new activity and then share.

Also I don't know if it's a good idea Distance save in the Journal.  Only
saves the temp and humid values and the last measurement.
May be we can save these values in the activity_root/data directory from the
activity, not pollute the Journal and resolve the resume issue. What you
think? The change is easy.
Regards

Gonzalo