[Sugar-devel] Feedback about ticket #10122

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 10 10:10:08 EDT 2010

On 09/10/2010 09:54 AM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Hi Ben:
> I am trying to resolve the ticket http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10122
> Can you review it? Could you test it in XO-1.5?

I've been following the discussion, but I haven't looked at the patch yet.
 I've had a rather busy week.

I can't easily test changes because my XO-1.5 is broken, but maybe I can
fix it this weekend.

> There are changes I did based in my tests, but I need to know if you agree.

I'm concerned about any making Distance change the volume settings.  This
might make sense for the microphone amplification setting, but I would
prefer to leave the speaker volume under the user's control.  The
appropriate volume to use for Distance depends on how long a distance one
is trying to measure, the level of background noise, whether other people
might be disturbed, etc.

The changes in delay constant could make sense.  I'll need to look at the
changes and see if we can find an explanation for the changes.

--Ben