[Sugar-devel] Enhancing Sugar to support multiple users

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 6 07:18:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 12:53:23PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> (At least) KDM can even show pictures for each user => XO icons. But
> since AFAIK there's no standard on where to put these and in which
> format, I'd definitely leave this integration issue up to the
> integrators i.e. distributions and their downstreams.

Agreed, this is a downstream integration issue, not a Sugar issue.

See also "The GDM Face Browser".

http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/stable/overview.html.en

Both KDM and GDM appear to handle ~/.face.icon so a simple way to
achieve something useful might be to have Sugar write this file (if it
previously wrote the file) when the colour choice is changed in the
control panel.

Sugar currently does not maintain an image avatar for users, in the way
that other social networking or instant messaging systems do, but I
would not be surprised to find a demand for that somewhen.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/