[Sugar-devel] Enhancing Sugar to support multiple users

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 6 09:11:59 EDT 2010

Excerpts from James Cameron's message of Mon Sep 06 13:18:20 +0200 2010:

[XO icons in display manager]
> http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/stable/overview.html.en

> Both KDM and GDM appear to handle ~/.face.icon [...]

Interesting, thanks for the pointer! Given that there actually is some
kind of standard, we could even include it upstream.

> Sugar currently does not maintain an image avatar for users, in the way
> that other social networking or instant messaging systems do, but I
> would not be surprised to find a demand for that somewhen.

The Sugar source code has comments indicating that this was planned
(and maybe even in some prototype), but never finished. Given that as
of 0.90 Sugar is a regular Telepathy client, it shouldn't be hard to
add (mostly a UI issue).

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/