[Sugar-devel] SUGAR_PROFILE feature, slimming down sugar-jhbuild

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Sep 3 09:09:55 EDT 2010

El Fri, 03-09-2010 a las 14:28 +0200, Bert Freudenberg escribió:

> [test1 at fedora13 ~]$ unset XAUTHORITY
> [test1 at fedora13 ~]$ xauth add fedora13.localdomain/unix:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  74cc20607c72001dd921d6c2fe58cf09
> xauth:  creating new authority file /home/test1/.Xauthority
>
> Maybe add that to your simple instructions?

Yes, please. Perhaps sudo was clearing $XAUTHORITY in my case.

> This is a vanilla Fedora 13 install. I have no idea why "sudo -i"
> preserves XAUTHORITY, according to its man page it should not.
> /var/run/gdm is inaccessible so this seems to make little sense.
> But then, what do I know? ;)

They added it explicitly to /etc/sudoers. It should be done only when
sudoing to root, not to other unprivileged users who obviously would be
unable to access the auth cookie.

Probably sudo does not allow this distinction and they fixed the root
case, the most common one.