[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 24, Issue 36 9Re: how to ask a question)

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 14:44:34 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> I've been thinking of proposing a question&answer forum (maybe a
> sugarlabs-branded shapado or similar instance
> (http://gitorious.org/shapado).
>
> This way we can have a user-supported  (and a support-team) multi language
> forum similar to http://shapado.com/ or http://stackoverflow.com/
>
> This way perhaps we could complement the "support gang".
> I agree the user experience for a mailing list is not optimal for simple
> questions.
>
> I offer to build/mantain it. Would be cool if others were interested in
> helping out.
> What do you think? Could Sugar Labs host it?
> Cheers,

This sounds like something that is useful to Sugar Labs and the
Sugar/OLPC ecosystem in gerneral.  I will help you set it up and
provide staff to generate initial momentum.  It would be easy for
Sugar Labs to host it.

A couple of months ago we (Activity Central) set up a new IRC channel
#sugar-newbies which is staffed by alsroot.  Alsroot is available to
help new developers.  Answering IRC questions for AC allows alsroot to
earn enough money that he can focus his time and energy on his primary
project.

david