[Sugar-devel] Eliminate Glucose co-maintainers

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Nov 22 07:02:33 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 03:04 AM, Martin Dengler wrote:
> I propose we eliminate "co-maintainers" from Glucose[1] because they
> reduce the responsibility and pressure of a sole maintainer.

I see it the other way around. Reducing the pressure on a maintainer is
a good thing. If we only have one person doing the work we have a bottle
neck. This person gets tired more quickly. Furthermore we are a
volunteer based open source project. If people step down due to any
reasons it is good to have peers that can take over and that have been
involved in the process before.

As example see the localization situation. Sayamindu stepped down (he
was the single coordinator) and we did not know what to do for
localization then.

About responsibility, of course I can only report about my experience
from being a co-maintainer: I don't think I have been caring less about
the shell release just because I have been the co maintainer.

Regards,
    Simon