[Sugar-devel] Eliminate Glucose co-maintainers

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:10:31 EST 2010

On 22 November 2010 12:02, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> On 11/22/2010 03:04 AM, Martin Dengler wrote:
>>
>> I propose we eliminate "co-maintainers" from Glucose[1] because they
>> reduce the responsibility and pressure of a sole maintainer.
>
> I see it the other way around. Reducing the pressure on a maintainer is a good thing. If we only have one person doing the work we have a bottle neck. This person gets tired more quickly. Furthermore we are a volunteer based open source project. If people step down due to any reasons it is good to have peers that can take over and that have been involved in the process before.

I agree. Sascha and co-maintain Browse and while it's not ideal
(because we both have very little free time) it's still much better
than not having any maintenance at all. I don't tend to rely on Sascha
doing things because I know he's busy, so if I have time, I just do
things. From what I know, he does the same. There's no overlap because
everything is open (all patches get ml threads) and it's less likely
that at any point in time there's no one available to do some
important work.