[Sugar-devel] Browse scaling for XO display

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:44:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/hulahop/repos/mainline/blobs/master/python/__init__.py#line96
>
> We still do set the DPI in hulahop.

That code is bizarre. I followed it scratching my head, not realising
that in the end, it's just a 'return 134´.

The logic and the comment block say nothing about this magic number.
Should at least link to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Display

> However I think some pages display rather badly on the XO. For example the
> links on the top left on the google landing page are rather small and blurry
> (not when in b/w mode). In the last days I tried to figure if we can improve
> there but I did not find a good solution yet.

We can bump the dpi setting to 150. But there's a lot of tiny fonts
out there. And tiny fonts in colour mode do suffer from the 'swizzle'
thing...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions