[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Turtle Blocks-87

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 18 14:53:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Sugar Labs Activities
<activities at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Download Now:
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/26893/turtle_art-87.xo
>
> Release notes:
> As of Version 87, Turtle Art will be known as Turtle Blocks. There is a new, "mini" version of Turtle Art that will be known as Turtle Art

I just got hit with the confusion of this. Tried to find TurtleArt in
ASLO to much frustration (and hilarity of onlookers). Now that I found
Turtle Blocks, and the release notes explaining the swift rename... I
got to report that...

 - In various places, the SoftwareFormerlyKnownAsTurtleArt is still
called TurtleArt or turtle_art or org.laptop.TurtleArtActivity .

 - In various other places the software now called TurtleArt is called
Turtle Art 1, or Turtle Art Mini.

If I have a patched Sugar .88 that allows me to run both, and I do...
which log is which? Which downloadable .xo file is which program?

Eventually, Prince went back to being called Prince... maybe just to
stop the teasing... ;-) Either that, or change the names "in full".

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions