[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 0.88 String Freeze is in place

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Mar 5 03:14:33 EST 2010

Dear Translation team(s),

since the first of March, the String Freeze for the 0.88 Sugar Release
[1] is in place. This means:

"No string changes may be made by the developers without confirmation
from the localization team and notification to both the release team and
the documentation team."

This is to help you, the translators, to get a chance to make the
translations for the 0.88 Release without having a moving base. Now is a
good moment to intensify the localization efforts so that we have
another rocking localized Sugar version that we can build tarballs with
at March the 29th [1].

Please ask if there are any questions about this process, or anything
you need to be able to do your translating work.

Being a so well localized learning platform, that Sugar without doubt
is, is one of Sugar's a big strength, keep on the awesome work - happy
translating everyone,

Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.88/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release#String_Freeze