[Sugar-devel] core maintainers

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:58:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Over the past couple of months it has appeared that the ramp up of
>> deployment submitted patches has stretched the core maintainers rather
>> short.
>>
>> I would like to consider having Deployment Support Network developers
>> start accepting additional maintainership responsibility and
>> authority.  Specifically, I am interested in which core activities are
>> in need of a maintainer and which core modules are up for adoption.
>
> Perhaps an ignorant question: What is "Deployment Support Network"?

Over the past couple of months, Activity Central has been establishing
a network of developers to provide service and support for
deployments.  A number of these developer have been working on fixing
Sugar related bugs.

Sugar Labs has expressed the importance of more code contributions
from deployments.  Deployments have expressed an interest in fixing
their own bugs.  The Deployment Support Network fills that gap.

Initial, I had reservations about the maintainship roles these
developers would hold at Sugar Labs.  In light of the current backlog
of patches and the heavy burden a few core developers are holding, I
would like  work with the Sugar Labs development team to determine the
process for experienced developers to become maintainers.

david