[Sugar-devel] Problem with Jhbuild and Fedora 11

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 15 03:04:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 20:15, Daniel Castelo
<dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> I think that we talked about this problem before, I want to install jhbuild
> on fedora 11 and I get this error message. Seems like the problem is a
> dependency between jhbuild and gtk.
> should Jhbuild work over f11?
> _______________________________
>
> checking for METACITY_MESSAGE... configure: error: Package requirements
> (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.20.0) were not met:
>
> Requested 'gtk+-2.0 >= 2.20.0' but version of GTK+ is 2.16.6

We should be downloading a tarball instead of cloning metacity's git
repo. 2.28.1 seems to be the right version.

We need to modify config/modulesets/glucose-external.modules and
instead of a <autotools> tag we need <tarball> for metacity. Can you
submit a patch for this?

Regards,

Tomeu