[Sugar-devel] Problem with Jhbuild and Fedora 11

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu Jul 15 09:34:03 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Daniel Castelo's message of Wed Jul 14 18:15:01 +0000 2010:
> I think that we talked about this problem before, I want to install jhbuild
> on fedora 11 and I get this error message. Seems like the problem is a
> dependency between jhbuild and gtk.
> should Jhbuild work over f11?
F11 has reached its end of life some weeks ago [1]. I'm rather reluctant
on supporting and spending effort on something that doesn't even receive
security updates anymore. Quite on the contrary, I'm glad F11 has finally
reached EOL so I can clean up sugar-jhbuild a bit.
sugar-jhbuild is meant for Sugar core hacking. If you just want to run
Sugar (including developing activities), please use native distribution
packages instead.

Sascha

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-June/002830.html
--