[Sugar-devel] Question about slider key codes

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 01:08:24 EDT 2010

I was modifying Paint to change the tool size using the slider keys.
I used the the keys to change the size in a relative form. The first key
reduce the size by 5, the second reduce by 1, the third enlarge by 1 and the
fourth enlarge by 5.
Then I talked with Walter, he told me, you can use the slider with seven
values. Pressing the key 1, 1 and 2, 2,  2 and 3,3,3 and 4, etc. Also the
original plan was use the Fn key with the slider.
I thought use the slide without Fn to set absolut sizes, and with Fn to
modify relatively the sizes. (I don't know if is a good idea).
But I have two problems:
* I don't have key events when I press two slider keys simultaneously.
* I don't have key events when I press the Fn key and the slider keys.
Anybody knows what can I do? Where is the definition of the codes for the
OLPC keyboard? (for example we have PgUp and PgDown in the arrows using Fn)

It's posible to have a event when you press two slider keys? (In a PC
keyboard are F5 to F8)
Thanks

Gonzalo

Links