[Sugar-devel] Call for testing

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sun Jan 17 17:05:29 EST 2010

>>> good
>>> wonder if
>>> anecdotal.
>>> and
>>> of
>>> our
>>> facilitate
>>> like
>>> original
>>> test
>>> testing
>>> our

Thanks Christian for putting this on the table. Of course, a
qualitative study would help to get some data about the new design and
we should setup a process to get that feedback. As you mentioned some of
the designs probably do not need that much of a study.

Today I thought about how we can achieve a full Feature cycle. We have
several parts settled but they are not all linked together yet and some
are missing.

We have the Feature Policy, which main goal is to make systematic and
predictable the process by which community ideas on how Sugar should
evolve get transformed into actionable proposals. The Feature process
includes the task of the submitter to get feedback of the design team
(if the Feature adds UI or changes current UI). What we have not defined
is what we do with the design teams feedback. We should give the
submitter a way to comment on that design and in cases like the Home
View changes we probably should get feedback in form of a study. Of
course we need the developers as well to create testable 'ideas'. And
who has the final word?

I will think about it a bit more and ideas are of course welcome. It is
not an easy task as it needs cross-team communication and cross-team
working. Already with the work we did yesterday we made a big step
forward into that direction and I am very happy about that.

Thanks,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy