[Sugar-devel] Call for testing

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:47:57 EST 2010

Hi Simon

These are all very important issues to discuss. I would feel much more
comfortable, given how far along we already are in the design process, if
there were a way to test design changes before releasing them as a public
build. Especially seeing as we are increasingly faced with situations where
either solution seems acceptable, and it is a question of perspective or
usability, as was the case for yesterday's Home view discussion.

I'll start thinking about a protocol by which to test the current build of
Sugar and gather structured feedback in order to share it with the entire
design team. That should help us make informed decisions regarding changes
to what is already there. For new features, it should mostly be sufficient
to test low-fidelity prototypes, i.e. print-outs of what the screens might
look like, to be able to gage how intuitive they are.

I'll aim to have something to share by our next meeting. If anyone would
like to participate in helping me create the test protocol, please let me
know!

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
917/ 575 0013