[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Displaying ERROR and ALERT messages as notifications

mabente mabente at paraguayeduca.org
Sat Feb 27 12:45:28 EST 2010

Looking at the discussion concerning 3G support and errors displaying,
i was thinking that it could be possible to "extend" the current
notification system to display standard notifications.

I am not sure if something like this already exists or if someone else
has mentioned it before, but this is how i see it:

1. Two graphics for the ERROR and ALERT notification icons would be
needed.
2. We can use the same NotificationIcon class with a custom palette
for displaying the error/alert messages
3. Then add to the jarabe.frame code a
frame.add_error_notification(string) and
frame.add_alert_notification(string) functions

I think it is very simple solution, what do you guys think?