[Sugar-devel] IMPORTANT: "sugar-jhbuild run" no longer starts sugar-emulator by default

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:41:56 EST 2010

Sascha,

I'm not sure that what you're proposing is any less confusing than
what we have now.  In my opinion sugar-jhbuild IS an alternative to
sugar-emulator, at least if you define "sugar-emulator" as what is
provided as a Sugar environment by Fedora and other distros.  You can
run either one and it will not be affected by what you have done with
the other.  I think of sugar-jhbuild as running in its own little
world.  For instance, I'm going to use sugar-jhbuild run to test using
new style Toolbars with my Activities and use the installed
sugar-emulator for testing backward compatibility on the same box.

Are there any other arguments that you could use with "run" other than
sugar-emulator?

James Simmons