[Sugar-devel] ArchLinux packages for Sugar

Bastien bastien.guerry at wikimedia.fr
Mon Dec 13 11:28:04 EST 2010

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Guéret <c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl> writes:

> The sugar packages for ArchLinux were orphans and outdated.
> I just adopted and updated a bunch of them:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=tolgam

Fantastic!

> If you are an Arch user, please have a look at them and let me know if
> they work for you.

I'm an Arch user :)

I did install this:

~$ yaourt -S sugar
~$ yaourt -S sugar-base
~$ yaourt -S sugar-artwork
~$ yaourt -S sugar-toolkit
~$ yaourt -S sugar-datastore
~$ yaourt -S sugar-presence-service

I then tried to add sugar-session to my .xinitrc and run startx from a
tty console.

No luck.

I had an "invalid syntax" error (line 26 in sugar-session).  I have both
python 2.7 and 3.1 on my machine.  I s/python/python2 in the first line
of sugar-session to get rid of this error, but I run in another one: no
module hippo found (I first thought it was related to hippo-canvas so
installed this but I guess I'm wrong here.)

My ArchLinux is up to date.

Is there more logs I can give you?  Any step-by-step install of Sugar on
ArchLinux somewhere?

I would *really* run Sugar natively on ArchLinux, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien