[Sugar-devel] [GSOC proposal]Language Primer

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 04:06:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Zhang Yao <saturntoad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
> I'm an undergraduate student from China and I want to participate in the
> GSOC 2010 for Sugar Labs. I've already written my proposal on Sugar Lab's
> Wiki and I would like to have some feedbacks from the community. I would
> really appreciate it if you could spare some of your precious time to pay a
> visit to my wiki page and please do not hesitate to give feedbacks if you
> have any thoughts or comments about it. Here's the URL :
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2010/Language_Primer
> and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Hi again,

just looked at your proposal page and it seems like things are coming
together nicely:-)

Three quick thoughts:

(a) I think the proposal page could use an extra sentence or two about the
teacher's possibilities. You do mention their ability to add, modify or
remove database entries but it's not clear how this is going to be
implemented. Will there be some sort of authoring tool for teachers?
(b) Is there a way for a teacher or possibly even a student or parent to add
things to the database? If so how could these changes be re-distributed and
shared with other users?
(c) I assume you thought of this but I think it's important to consider
non-English use of the activity so things like non-Western characters,
right-to-left languages, etc. should probably be supported (unless it's
decided that this is too big a scope for now which might also be a
reasonable choice).

Cheers,
Christoph

--