[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.88.0 Stable Release

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:07:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 04:32:59PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> Congratulations to all involved!
>>>

>>> Sorry to ask - again: Where is the official documented list of contents
>>> of Glucose and Fructose for each major release of Sugar?
>>>

>>> I fail to locate it at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.88/Notes and the
>>> directly referenced http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Taxonomy is too broad.
>>>

>>> I would like to check - for each of 0.84, 0.86 and 0.88 - how close to
>>> the official compositions we are in Debian currently.
>>>
>>> Please do not post the detailed answer in an email response, but refer to
>>> the wiki page which is (supposed to) contain this info. :-)
>>
>> Its not changed for quite some time and can be found here:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Modules
>
> Thanks.
>
> It seems that page is not exactly what I am looking for, however.
>
> Or let me try throw a couple of trick questions:

Risking getting tripped up...

>  * Do newest release of Browse work on 0.84?

I believe the answer is yes.

>  * Is (newest releases of) jukebox and imageviewer part of 0.84?

The maintainers of 0.84 would have to answer this question. They are
doing quite a bit of backporting.

> If you do not care about tracking 0.84 any longer then what revision of
> which wiki page should I go look for latest info on that abandoned release?

0.84 has not been abandoned. There are several teams working on its
maintenance and support.

regards.

-walter

> Kind regards,
>
>  - Jonas
>

> P.S.
>
> Sorry for posting initially to both devel and iaep lists.
>
> I consider this question mostly technical so have now added only devel list
> as Reply-To - please respond to that list only.
>
> --
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org