[Sugar-devel] Assorted Debian+Sugar bugs

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Oct 12 19:52:11 EDT 2009

Jonas & co:

I just wanted to report a couple of regressions that I found today while trying
out sugar-0.84 on Sid. In no particular order:

   1. Sugar's large mouse cursor was not displayed.

   2. Pippy-25 was unable to Keep my sample python code As An Activity Bundle
      apparently due to changes in the bundle creation code surrounding the use
      and interpretation of the bundle_name parameter.

      The test code was:

        import os
        os.system("/bin/bash")

      The Pippy log contained no useful information.

   3. Sugar's log contained numerous examples of the following output:

        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/desktop/homewindow.py", line 87, in _visibility_notify_event_cb
            self._activate_view()
        TypeError: _activate_view() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/desktop/homewindow.py", line 85, in _visibility_notify_event_cb
            self._deactivate_view()
        TypeError: _deactivate_view() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

   4. Lastly, it seems surprising to me that installing education-desktop-sugar
      and sugar-0.84 results in fewer activities installed on Sid than it does
      on Squeeze. In my testing today, Pippy was the only activity visible in
      the List View.

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - Please also find attached the output of "dpkg -l" run from inside my
testing chroot. This chroot was constructed by the code in the "sugar" branch
of

  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/mstone/puritan

with conf/distro == debian and conf/debian/distro == sid.